Skip to main content

Importance of True Friendships

A friend of mine called me up last week just to say hello, it was both a surprise and a delight to talk to her again. She was my classmate in High School, we’ve been only classmates for a year then I was moved to another section for the remaining three years. We have been close then but lost touch after high school; we met again in a school reunion four years ago and became close again since.

I lost touch of her two years ago, and was regularly trying to contact her mobile phone ever since so it was really a surprise when she called. She entered a monastery to be a nun two years ago, I know of her plans and accompanied her in some of her search for the right order for her. I just did not know what order she had chosen and when is entered.

Today she is out of the monastery for a mandatory period of soul searching to help her decide if she really wants to be a nun. I am so happy for her and can’t wait to meet her again.

In reflection, friendships are like gift of jewels in our lives, they come and go in your life, they fill you heart with happiness and even at times that so don't see them often, that deep in your heart they never really gone because they are part of you.

In this holiday season let us cherish our friendships, even if we are physically apart we can reach out to them though phones, chat or emails. I have many friends abroad and miss them too, a simple email with pictures attached maybe just the thing I need to be with them this Christmas.

Comments