Skip to main content

An hour of Pleasure, A day spent in Bliss



2007 is a trying and emotional time for me; it is also my busiest year, but I survived it. I always believe in the power of prayer, every endeavor I do I always ask the Lord to guide me to make the right decisions and never leave me during my darkest hours.

Another thing that I do is treating myself every now and then to some “perks” like pedicures, facials and spas. It helps me recharge my batteries so to speak. I don’t consider shopping a perk because as my husband put it, it is my favorite pastime.

This time my gift to myself was visiting my favorite spa, the Red Bamboo Spa at Riverbanks, Marikina City. I regularly go there maybe 3 to 4 times a year as a reward for a job well done be it in teaching or in business. It’s a good way to de stress and sooth the soul. I went there with my mother(its my Christmas gift to her) and we spent an hour of pleasure, being pampered like princesses.

During the hour that my body is undergoing Swedish massage, my mind is clear and this time I let all the pain and disappointments I encountered during the year flow out of my heart and let hope, my dreams and goals energize me for the coming year.

After the spa, we spent the day window shopping and eating my favorite pasta dish. We then went to Gateway Mall after going over the shops at Riverbanks, it’s the only time I can shop in leisure.

I even got myself a souvenir for my day of bliss, I finally bought my new Nike Free 5.0 shoes and I even got it at a discount in Gateway Mall.

Recharged for the new year ahead but I am also thankful for this 2007 it made me who I am today.

Comments