Skip to main content

My Divisoria Survival Tips

I love going to Divisoria. I’ve been going to Divisoria for almost twenty years now. It is where I go to buy important stuff in my house from curtains, bed sheets, house decors to office clothes, toys and even the necklaces I have comes from there. Even some raw materials for my business I buy there.


I usually go to Divisoria three to four times a year, more often if the need arises. Before I buy, clothes, household items or toys in department stores I would first try to look for it in Divisoria. Its one ways I can save money. Friends and family consider me an “expert” in Divisoria but I don’t consider myself that, my knowledge came from experience. What’s funny about it is that I don’t know how to haggle. I am kind a bit shy doing that but my mom is a master in haggling it is a wonder when you see her in action.


Here are my Survival Tips

  • Make a list of all you planned to buy and try to know ahead of time what stores or areas in Divisoria you plan to buy them
  • Bring just enough cash for your purchases. Most stores deal with cash leave, you credit cards at home.
  • Haggle. Most salesladies give discounts specially if you buy in bulk
  • Buy in bulk. Most store sell by the dozen. Or give big discounts when you buy in bulk
  • Bring along a shopping buddy. Much better if go with a person familiar with Divisoria. There is safety in numbers
  • Be vigilant to avoid unpleasant incidents like this scam
  • Dress comfortably and use shoes for good for walking. Don’t wear flashy expensive clothes for people may perceive you to have big money and you maybe a victim of pickpockets, holdups or scams.
  • Leave your valuables at home. Jewelries, cellphone and expensive bags are a No, no. You might be a victim of petty theft. I went to Divisoria before with my brand new phone and sadly I was preoccupied being vigilant with my phone that I was not able to buy a thing.
  • Bring study and big bags for all your purchases. It is where you put you purchases so that your hands are free to scan things on sale.
  • Avoid going to Divisoria during Holiday rush or the 15th or end of the month when people receive their salaries. There are so many people going there that it will be difficult to shop. Go during weekdays instead.
  • Lastly, Enjoy shopping!

Comments