- Apply for jobs that matches you skills, however if there are certain jobs that you would like to have but at present you don’t have that skill or skills, you have to enroll in additional courses to have that skills. It will take time to study but if you are determined to have that job, you got to work hard for it.
- While waiting for job interviews or while still job hunting, take this opportunity to build up your portfolio. If your field is on web programming or design, create websites even on free websites or offer your services for free to family and friends, these sites will give you the opportunity to showcase your skills and would be useful during job interviews. It is also the same for programming.
- Create a blog, this is another way to build up your portofilo, regardless of your field, make it your professional blog, write about what interests you. For example you are a Culinary graduate then create a foodie blog.
- Create a winning resume, prepare your resume from the interviewee’s point of view, use the job advertisement as a guide to your resume and include experience and education to support your skills, be 100% correct on spelling and grammar and print your resume in a white high quality paper.
- Use technology to your advantage. There are so many job ads website you can subscribe to, regularly visit them for new job posts. Learn new skill online, some of them are even free. Look for resume maker online if you are still in doubt on the resume you have created.
- Lastly, be prepared. Before going on interviews, research on the company, its background and products, reflect on why you want to join that company and how you can be an asset to them. Review/study about the job position you are applying, you interviewer may ask questions pertaining to certain technical or specific skill needed for the job.
Happy Job Hunting!