Skip to main content

Healthy Indulgence


I was deep in food research last week in search for Japanese inspirations, going around malls, supermarkets and restaurants looking for the perfect Japanese inspired desserts(It’s a hard job but somebody has to do it) when I saw the article about Japanese restaurants in Yummy Magazine. Through the magazine I discovered Kozui Green Tea Café.

I was having a tough time finding green tea ingredients for my baking needs and tried calling Kozui, a green tea café and was thankful that they indeed sell different varieties of green teas. Since it was a weekend and we were scheduled to go out as a family we decided to check out the café at the same time buy the green tea I needed.

I started drinking tea when I vacationed in Hongkong a few years ago and since develop a habit of drinking them although I am a confessed coffee addict, so I was really looking forward to visiting Kozui.

Kozui is located at Tomas Morato, Quezon City. They have a variety of food and beverages with green tea or tea as an ingredient. We ordered Matcha Lemon Teaz and Jasmine Lemon Teaz for our refreshements since it was a hot afternoon, a ham and egg sandwich, a shrimp tempura and Tearamizu and an Oatmeal tea cookie for dessert. Everything was delicious we were full and happy. I even bought 2 more oatmeal tea cookies to take home.

I was really a healthy indulgence, it was the first time I went home after eating out where I felt light and refreshed. Often times when we eat out I feel so full that I have a very heavy feeling afterwards.

Anthony, the owner is very welcoming as well as his staff that we really enjoyed eating at Kozui. It was an enjoyable evening that promises a return visit. There are still other food and desserts that I am looking forward to eat like their tea lattes, anmitsu and the intriguing green tea cheesecake.

Kozui Green Tea Café is located at 258 Tomas Morato St. corner Scout Fernandez, Quezon City, Tel No.(632) 413-2705

Comments