When the DigitalFilipino E-Commerce Summit 2009 was first announced a few months ago I knew I had to attend the event. I decided that whatever happens I would attend for it will provide such an important opportunity for me to learn and connect with fellow E-Commerce enthusiasts and friends.
The topics discussed were informative and important for people like me who have an online store/website, educator and managers who would like to maximize their websites capabilities. There was also the exhibitors and sponsors’ booth at the event that offers value added services for website/ecommerce owners.
What have I learned during the 2 day event?
- That e-commerce is here to stay and would continuously grow in the coming years
- Creating a niche and identifying your target market is a key to make your online business grow and sustain itself
- Designing your website to make your visitors not just view your site but to buy from you
- Making a brand for your business in crucial and like traditional brick and mortar businesses you need take care and protect your brand
- Your online business/website still needs to be marketed, and the Internet have all you need to if you want to save costs on marketing.
- That even an online business has its own set of challenges and as an entrepreneur you have to dedicate your time and efforts to overcome them.
- The trends in E-Commerce and
business in the country is encouraging and we are looking for a great future in business. Mobile
- And lastly, make all the pages in your website be an opportunity to sell to your visitors.
The summit was also the venue for awarding the winners of the DigitalFilipino Web Awards 2009. Congratulations to all the winners! As a three time judge I would like to say that the winners of this year’s web award that all of you have great websites and that I enjoyed judging them.
All in all I had a great time. The venue and staff was great. Everyone felt the TLC, the food was good and the company special.
Congratulations and thank you Janette Toral for giving me the opportunity to attend. Looking forward to the next E-Commerce Summit in 2010.