Skip to main content

SM City Marikina Goes Wireless!


Participating on the SM Marikina Bloggers Event was so much fun. Bloggers were invited by SM Marikina to stress test their wireless connection today. Bloggers were encouraged to go around the mall and try the Wifi connection with their laptops, cellphones ,PSP or any WIFI enabled device. It was also an opportunity to touch base with fellow bloggers and relax after a stressful week. It also gave me an opportunity to bond with my husband who joined me in the event.

Here are my observations:


* The WIFI connection was fast early in the event with only a few bloggers at the start of the event. I had published two blogs and uploaded a file for my egoup.
* After 3pm, the WIFI connections started to slow down as more bloggers arrive.
* By 4pm I lost my internet connection completely.

Recommendations:

1. Introduce a Surfer/Blogger Membership for the mall so that people will be encouraged to visit the mall frequently by giving them additional perks(you can charge minimal membership fee).
2. Have a WIFI area for bloggers to maybe charge their batteries even for a few minutes and a lounge to relax and surf while they wait.
3. Make the WIFI signal stronger because once the people connecting to the network increases the current connection dies.
4. Have more events like this to increase awareness that SM Marikina is a WIFI zone. Maybe attracting to bloggers residing near SM like Marikina, Cainta and Pasig areas to encourage them to regulary visit SM.

I am looking forward to more event such as this one at SM Marikina.

Comments