Skip to main content

Introduction to Culinary Entrepreneurship

I attended a seminar about Culinary Entrepreneurship yesterday, organized by NEW(Network for Enterprising Women) and HDI Resource held at the TOPAZ 1, Mandarin Suites, 4F Gateway Mall, Araneta Center, Cubao, Q.C.

The seminar introduces the participants about what Culinary Enterprise is and gives basic tips on marketing, operations, costing and management of these kinds of enterprise.

I attend the seminar to get a bird’s eye view of the industry and assess if I can venture further in it. As many of you know I have an online store offering chocolates and baked goodies (mylittlebaker), and I am looking for ways to expand it further through maybe a food cart in the Mall or a snack bar.

The speaker Anthony Brendan Yu was great, he is frank and really gave his views on the Culinary Industry the perks and the risks. You can really see his passion for the industry (he has several Jollibee franchises) and shared his secrets on how he succeeded in being an entrepreneur.

He concentrated to the tools, skills and mindset we must have to be truly a success in our business ventures. As he said, these things you can practice not just on your business/career life but also on your personal life as well.

The seminar was short and it just stimulated my appetite for more info on Culinary Entrepreneurship luckily they will be having a Two Day Comprehensive Seminar on the subject in August. I am still thinking about it if I would attend since these kinds of seminar do not come cheap.

Comments