Skip to main content

God is gracious, God is good

I wanted to celebrate my 10th year of teaching with a bang. I did not intend to have a career in teaching; I did not know I have the “calling”. Maybe it was already there but I did not recognize it.

I was very active in High School, a girl scout and a Red Cross volunteer I practically spent three years teaching about scouting and first aid. But I am quite in the classroom. I took my college years seriously concentrated in my studies and did not join any extra curricular activities, very opposite of my high school life. Maybe that is why I forgot about teaching, that it comes naturally for me, that I was trained to teach during my years in high school.

It was my dream to share what I know specially about IT, the Internet, blogging and now social networking but I found it hard to have a venue to share my knowledge, others I tried sharing how to blog felt insulted and view me as a show off. I just want them to enjoy what I do and reap from the benefits of these technologies.

Last month I thought that I can forget my dream and just be content with teaching, I have felt that I want to do more than just “teach”. I was ready to go up the ladder, take the helm or something. In short, I felt I was ready to be a manager, an administrator so I can share my vision, my dreams but I can’t see that happening in my academic career. I just prayed and let the Lord’s will be done. There were many frustrations and disappointments along the way in my academic life but I just can’t seem to totally cut myself off from teaching.

Then something happened yesterday, I thought that I would just be sharing my thoughts/know how on IT when I faced PLMar’s new university president and school officials. They were insisting on automating the student records with barely the IT infrastructure and people to do it. So I shared to them my views, past experiences and offered my services, I had no hidden agenda I just want to help the school then they formally ask me to be in charge of the university’s ICT development and ask me to join the two day strategic planning session of the university to plan the next steps we have to take in the next 5 years and ICT was its major consideration. And they even thank me for being in PLMar.

So today, I am ready to present my 5 year ICT plan to make PLMar an ICT-enabled university. It’s a lot of work, less sleep but I am happy, I even get to plan the ICT training program for all faculty and staff of the university to equip them when PLMar Go Online and offer online courses.

I thank the Lord with all my heart, now I know why despite of all efforts, I still did not have a teaching load at PUP this semester, its because He as a much bigger plan for me.

Comments